YDA Turkmenistan searches for Local Consultant to Conduct a Desk Review of Donor-Funded Projects
Local Consultant to Conduct a Desk Review of Donor-Funded Projects-YDA Turkmenistan
Department: Turkmenistan - Youth Development Activity (YDA)
Location: Ashgabat, Ashgabat City
The deadline to apply for this position is May 24, 2022.
Turkmenistan’s transition to a market economy requires workforce development aimed at equipping the labor force with modern, market-matched skills and knowledge. Towards this goal, USAID’s Youth Development Activity (YDA) will connect Turkmenistani youth (ages 15-25) with employment and entrepreneurship opportunities and create sustainable linkages between training providers and the labor market.
The activity will engage with three key stakeholder groups (youth, employers, and training providers) to understand and match skills-driven educational approaches to the current and future demands of the Turkmen economy.
Overall Objective and Purpose
As part of its goals and objectives, YDA will conduct an analysis of existing workforce development programs in Turkmenistan. This will help to understand the existing capacity of training providers, matching to labor market research in order to triangulate gaps in training infrastructure and contribute to the development of training providers' capacity to offer labor market-oriented training. This work will also include a desk review of relevant past and current donor-funded projects that provide and/or support workforce development programs. The review will identify efficient programs that YDA can replicate, support, or improve to build the capacity of local training providers or create opportunities for starting businesses.
The consultant will be responsible for performing the following duties in coordination with YDA staff:
- Review and analyze the available materials containing information about the activities of other relevant donor-funded projects;
- Prepare a report on the results of the desk review;
- Develop recommendations on programs and activities that should be replicated, improved, or supported by YDA;
- Work with the responsible YDA staff members to prepare and conduct a presentation on the results of the desk review.
- Higher education in economics, social sciences, management, or other related area;
- Written and spoken proficiency in English, Turkmen, and Russian is required;
- At least 10 years of experience in project management and coordination of youth-focused programs;
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on youth-focused activities;
- Experience of working for donor-funded projects is an advantage.
To get additional information and apply for the position, please follow the link.