UNICEF searches for Administrative Associate
Position: Administrative Associate
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Duty Station: Ashgabat
Deadline: 13 Jul 2022 West Asia Standard Time
Purpose for the job:
Under the supervision and guidance of the Operations Manager, the Administrative Associate is responsible for executing a broad variety of procedural and specialized administrative tasks for the respective section requiring in-depth knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes and policies.
Summary of key functions and accountabilities:
Within the assigned accountabilities and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent contributes to the following main functions and expected results, in accordance with the plans, agreements and standards of performance.
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a Turkmen language is an asset.
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems required.
- In-depth knowledge of UNICEF organizational structure, administrative policies and procedures.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals and to provide guidance to more junior support staff.
To get additional information and apply for the position, please follow the link.