UNICEF searches for National Consultant on digital communication
Job title: National Individual Consultancy on digital communication for the UNICEF Office in Turkmenistan
Contract type: Consultancy
Duty Station: Ashkhabad
Deadline: 14 Jul 2022 West Asia Standard Time
The purpose of the individual digital communication consultancy is to maximize children’s and families’ access to reliable and timely resources on children’s development and well-being. The consultancy will also help the country office increase UNICEF’s visibility, follower base and engagement on digital communication and social media platforms.
With the support and under the guidance of UNICEF Turkmenistan Communication Officer (Social & Behavior Change Officer as OiC) , the full time Digital Communication Consultant will support the management, maintenance and monitoring of UNICEF Turkmenistan’s digital and social media presence and provide overall support in organizing and managing key digital communication activities in line with UN and UNICEF policies and procedures. This will include updating, maintaining and monitoring all social media platforms and the website for reliability, consistency, quality and up-to-date information. The Digital Communication Consultant will also create, source, commission and manage digital content that is accurate, timely, relevant and brand-compliant for online public advocacy.
The Consultant will be actively engaged in supporting various public advocacy initiatives on UNICEF’s mandate, CPD awareness raising, and RCCE including support to campaigns and publication launches, online and offline events throughout the year, and other aspects of implementing the Country Programme’s communication and public advocacy strategy as well help implement activities under the work plans with UNICEF’s partners.
- University degree in communication, journalism, information management, ICT, social sciences, international relations, graphic design or other relevant fields; Advanced degree in a relevant field is an asset.
- Strong experience in managing social media platforms and websites, and experience in developing successful social media engagement plans;
- Graphic design and video design skills
- Good communication and networking skills;
- Knowledge of Turkmenistan’s social media landscape and social media influencers;
- Fluent knowledge of English and Turkmen is a requirement, fluency in Russian will be an asset.
To get additional information and apply for the position, please follow the link.