UNDP searches for International Consultant to support establishment of a digital economy certification center
Job title: International Consultant to support establishment of a digital economy certification center
Location: Home-based, TURKMENISTAN
Application Deadline: 10-Oct-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category: Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: International Consultant
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 24-Oct-2022
Duration of Initial Contract: October 2022 - November 2022
Expected Duration of Assignment: 10 working days
Duties and Responsibilities
Together with UNDP, the Academy is going to implement a new mechanism or civil servants’ competence and establish a new Digital Economy Certification Center. The competence-oriented approach in developing human capital in the state civil service system is one of the current national priorities. The main tasks of the Center will be:
- information and technical, methodological support for the process of testing the competence of state civil servants on Digital economy;
- conducting the process of testing to recruit competent civil servants;
- ensuring transparency of the testing process;
- improvement of procedures and tools of the testing process;
At present, one of the main priorities of the public policy of Turkmenistan is the development of a digital economy. Currently the Academy trains competent personnel for effective digital transformation, starting with civil servants’ competence. The Academy plans to launch an educational course on digital economy management in the frame of the Concept for the Development of the Digital Economy in Turkmenistan for 2019-2025 and the Concept for the Development of the Digital Education System in Turkmenistan.
With the purpose of the capacity building of public sector civil servants in digital transformation and improving the efficiency of public administration through the implementation of digital technologies and platforms, UNDP is going to support the establishment of Digital Economy Certification Center for the Academy of Civil Service under the President of Turkmenistan to increase civil servants’ theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the field of computer literacy, digital economy and management.
In this regard UNDP is seeking an international expert to support in developing regulatory set of documents for Digital Economy Certification Center for civil servants based on best international practices.
- Knowledge and extensive experience working with innovative educational instruments and mechanisms;
- Excellent training, facilitation and communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills, IT skills, ability to work with an audience;
- Ability to receive/integrate feedback;
- Good understanding of Digital Economy,
- Results driven, ability to work under pressure and to meet required deadlines.
- Knowledge of and ability to transfer expertise in the area of Information Technologies in Education.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master's degree in Economics, Jurisprudence, Management, Business Administration, and other relevant fields corresponding to this task;
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of high education, digital economics and management, business administration;
- Knowledge and experience in capacity and institution building in the area of digital transformation process;
- Knowledge and experience in lawmaking activities;
- Knowledge and experience of work in educational system is an advantage;
- Knowledge of information systems development in a role as product manager is an advantage;
- Availability of publications on related topics (please attach the list of publications to CV);
- Excellent knowledge of English or Russian, including written and oral skills;
To get additional information and apply for the position, please follow the link.