American Councils searches for Project Facilitator for 2023 Summer Englishpalooza project
VACANCY: PROJECT FACILITATOR FOR 2023 SUMMER ENGLISHPALOOZA PROJECT ASHGABAT, MARY, DASHOGUZ, AND TURKMENABAT
STATUS: temporary, part-time
APPLICATION DEADLINE: by 23:59 on April 11, 2023
The Englishpalooza project consists of four weeks of intensive, interactive English language activities led by USG alumni. This project will be held simultaneously in all four American Spaces of Turkmenistan: Ashgabat, Turkmenabat, Dashoguz, and Mary, in in-person and virtual/hybrid formats. Each week will be dedicated to a theme and activities will be built around these themes. The Project Facilitator position is designed for alumni of U.S. government–funded programs who will assist the Project Coordinator in leading the 2023 Englishpalooza project activities. The current call for applications is for Project Facilitators at the American Center in Ashgabat and at the American Corners in Turkmenabat, Dashoguz, and Mary. The job is great for someone who has project/event-leading experience and enjoys working with the public. This is a temporary part-time position for the period of July 1 – 31, 2023. Please note that the position requires attendance at a one-day Training of Trainers (ToT) sometime in May or June in Ashgabat.
This position reports directly to the Project Coordinator.
- Conduct project activities during the month of July at the American Center in Ashgabat and at the American Corners utilizing ideas developed during the ToT and the mini training
- Collaborate with Project Coordinator on all stages of the project
- Utilize interactive tools and methods
- Cooperate with other Facilitators on session preparation
- Assist participants during the project to answer questions while also using interactive methodologies
- Follow schedule set by American Spaces
- During the project implementation, conduct and collect surveys and photos from activities
- Upon the completion of project submit detailed reports, evaluation forms, statistics, and photos from the project activities
- Successfully participated in and completed a U.S. government (USG) exchange program
- Current USG alumni in their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year of university are eligible to apply, as well as recent university graduates
- Background in Interactive English Language teaching/Teaching English as a Second or Foreign
- Language (TESL/TEFL), whether self-trained or with credentials from courses/degree completed
- Turkmen citizenship
- Ability to commit part-time for the one-month project duration (July 2023)
- Experience in activity/project organization
- Previous experience in Alumni activities
- Strong team skills and ability to work with peers
- Creativity, initiative, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage time, abide by rules, demonstrate accountability, and understand the need for quality in work
- Computer skills, including strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
A complete application must include:
- Cover Letter highlighting motivation for the position
- A list of previous alumni projects completed in Turkmenistan
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com. Include “Project Facilitator for 2023 Summer Englishpalooza” in the subject line of your email. The application should be received not later than April 11, 2023.
For information, please call (993-63) 50-20-36 or visit website at americancouncilstm.org
NOTE: Only short-listed candidates with complete applications will be interviewed.