UNICEF Office in Turkmenistan searches for National Consultant on ICT technical support
Job title: National Individual Consultancy on ICT technical support for the UNICEF Office in Turkmenistan
Job no: 561061
Contract type: Consultant
Categories: Information Communication Technology
Deadline: 26 Apr 2023 West Asia Standard Time
Work Assignment Overview:
- ICT Support Consultants at this level perform a full range of procedural activities in support of ICT to ensure effective communications with client departments/divisions/offices and efficient provision of support to other ICT staff
- Providing first-level support that includes receiving, processing and logging service requests.
- Managing lifecycle of ICT incidents assigned to him/her.
- Creating and assigning work orders.
- Maintaining and updating files (electronic and paper) and internal databases.
- Maintaining ICT inventory, manuals and other documentation. This may require the incumbent to lift, move, mount, or store equipment.
- Providing support in conferencing with ICT and audiovisual equipment as and when requested
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Minimal ICT Administration:
- Installing/upgrading, configuring (routine, standard) and maintaining systems, tools and equipment.
- Assisting in routine operation and monitoring of server systems.
- Providing second-level user support/troubleshooting.
- Extracting data from databases to serve the needs and requests of users, diagnosing errors and correcting as necessary.
- Performing backups of servers following standard backup procedures.
- Assisting in the generation of computer reports.
- Providing technical training and support to end-users
Minimum qualifications required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience in providing technical support for IT infrastructure, software applications, and hardware.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems, servers, and peripherals.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to solve technical issues quickly.
- Strong communication skills to interact effectively with end-users and other members of the IT team.
- Knowledge of IT policies and procedures to ensure the security and integrity of data.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to work outside regular hours when required.
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and requirements.
- Fluent knowledge of English and Russian
To get additional information and apply for the position, please follow the link.