Farmer in Lebap Uses Bambus Bees to Increase Harvest Yield

BUSINESS TURKMENISTAN
Farmer in Lebap Uses Bambus Bees to Increase Harvest Yield
Bambus bees help the entrepreneur to increase the productivity of tomatoes and strawberries.

An entrepreneur Ruslan Abdullaev uses Bambus bees to pollinate crops in his greenhouse at the Charjev etrap of the Lebap velayat.

The entrepreneur has grown 27 thousand bushes of Spanish and Alfes tomato varieties on 1.1 hectares of land in the greenhouses, as well as 55 thousand seedlings on an area of 0.40 hectares. Seedlings are fed with 16 types of fertilizers mixed in water.

Bambus bees, which are bred by the Belgian company Biobest for agricultural purposes, help the entrepreneur to increase the productivity of tomatoes and strawberries. The life span of these hardworking insects is 40-45 days.

The farmer intends to begin the harvest at the beginning of this month.

The entrepreneur plans to sell the 20% of the harvest on the domestic market, while exporting the remaining 80%.

Send us news
Send