After the XXIX meeting of the Council for Health Cooperation of the CIS Countries at the Archabil Hotel on Friday, Deputy Minister of Health, Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the Republic of Belarus Natalya Zhukova talked to Business Turkmenistan and expressed her admiration for Turkmenistan’s success in tobacco control.
– Can you please tell us about the role of medical and sanitary-epidemiological support for civil aviation flights, which was discussed at the meeting?
"We are delighted with the success of Turkmenistan in the fight against tobacco."
– In civil aviation, activities to prevent the spread of epidemiological diseases are as important as ensuring flight safety. Today, people travel to anywhere in the world. Ensuring public safety of passengers during the trip and preventing the spread of diseases are of international importance and our priority task. The Republic of Belarus, like Turkmenistan, faces similar threats. Because, Belarus, like Turkmenistan, is a developing country looking forward and having good relations with countries around the world. In civil aviation, it is very important to develop interaction mechanisms for prevention and to organize work on joint resistance in the event of a threat. Today we also often encounter infectious diseases that were considered to have been defeated in the second half of the last century. Therefore, it is very important to develop mechanisms for cooperation on exchange of information and experience.
– What kind of cooperation is going on in the fight against infectious diseases?
– Infections that have no borders can damage the economy of any country. In this regard, there are different types of programs for the elimination of infectious diseases. We are doing a lot of work in this direction. Each country shares its achievements and experiences. In my opinion, the phased work on the fight against infectious diseases will improve the situation.
– How do you view the success of Turkmenistan in the fight against tobacco?
– We are delighted with the success of Turkmenistan in the fight against tobacco. Turkmenistan’s decisiveness in this direction yielded results. We can only exchange experience, or rather, adopt the experience of your country and implement it. The successes of Turkmenistan have become a major contribution to the health of the new generation of the country.