The Ministry of Health and Medical Industry of Turkmenistan, in order to further protect and strengthen the sanitary-epidemiological well-being of the country and preserve the health of citizens, recommends to refrain from traveling abroad for tourism and other purposes until the epidemiological situation in the world stabilizes.
Taking the tense epidemiological situation in the world into considered, the medical institutions of Turkmenistan carry out comprehensive work to prevent the possible penetration of dangerous diseases into the country. Medical workers conduct extensive outreach among the population on the prevention of infectious diseases.
Family doctors vaccinate the population against acute respiratory infections, and widespread awareness-raising activities have been intensified among students, schoolchildren, as well as children attending kindergartens, and their parents.
The Main Pharmacy Management and Lukmançylyk Enjamlary Production Association fully supplied the medical facilities with necessary medicines and medical equipment.
The Ministry of Health and Medical Industry of Turkmenistan, referring to the World Health Organization, recommends the following for the prevention of seasonal acute respiratory infections:
- Follow food safety guidelines. Use different chopping boards and knives for raw meat and cooked foods!
- Thoroughly heat the meat and eggs until cooked!
- Wash your hands between handling raw and cooked foods!
- Protect others from infection. Avoid close contact with people when you are experiencing cough or fever. Do not spit on the ground in public places!
- If you have a high fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, seek medical care as soon as possible!
- If you have made any travels before, inform your doctor!
- Wash your hands. When hands are very dirty, wash them with soap under running water!
- When the hands are not very dirty, they may include a large number of pathogens invisible to the eye, so wipe your hands with antiseptic agents or wash your hands with soap and water!
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbows or tissue. Then immediately throw away the tissue and wash your hands!
- Avoid close contact with people suffering a fever or cough!
- Avoid unprotected contact with stray or farm animals!