Turkmenistan Privatizes 81 State Properties in Jan-Sep 2021

BUSINESS TURKMENISTAN
Turkmenistan Privatizes 81 State Properties in Jan-Sep 2021
Turkmenistan's budget received nearly 147 million manats for the lease of state properties.

Turkmenistan’s State Budget received over 368 million manats from the privatization of 81 state properties over the first nine months of 2021, the country’s Minister of Finance and Economy Muhammetgeldi Serdarov said in his briefing to President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov during a cabinet meeting held on online on Friday.

Briefing on the results of the development of the national economy during the January-September period of this year, Serdarov said the budget received nearly 147 million manats for the lease of state properties, the country’s official media reports.

As of October 1 of this year, the revenue part of the State Budget was executed at 109.2%, and the expenditure part - 98.1%, he stated.

Reporting on the progress in the implementation of the Investment Program for 2021, Serdarov briefed that in nine-month period, 49.2% of utilized capital investments were directed to the construction of industrial complexes, while the rest 50.8% were directed to the social and cultural facilities.

In total, over 1.76 billion manats of capital investments were spent on the implementation of the national programs, the Minister of Finance and Economy emphasized.

During the nine-month period, Turkmenistan’s exports reached around $6 billion, representing a year-on-year increase of 20%. The country’s non-fuel exports saw a year-on-year increase of almost 50%.