A number of bilateral documents aimed at the further development of Turkmen-Russian relations were signed in Ashgabat on Friday within the framework of Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin's official visit to Turkmenistan.
These documents include:
- An agreement between the State Migration Service of Turkmenistan and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation on cooperation in the field of migration;
- Memorandum of Cooperation between the State Customs Service of Turkmenistan and the Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation in the field of personnel training;
- Memorandum of cooperation between the State Customs Service of Turkmenistan and the Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation in combating customs offences for 2023-2025;
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Finance and Economy of Turkmenistan and the Federal Agency on Fishery of the Russian Federation;
- Protocol on the transition to the integration of plant quarantine information systems between the State Plant Quarantine Service of the Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection of Turkmenistan and the Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Supervision of the Russian federation (Rosselkhoznadzor);
- Action Plan (Road Map) on Turkmen-Russian cooperation in the sphere of water resources use and environment protection;
- Agreement on cooperation between the Open joint-stock company "Transport-logistic center of Turkmenistan" and the joint-stock company "Special economic zone "Lotos" (Russian Federation);
- Memorandum of intent between the Open Joint Stock Company "Transport-Logistics Center of Turkmenistan" and the Joint Stock Company "Special Economic Zone "Lotos" (Russian Federation) on implementation of the investment project on creation of the logistics center of Turkmenistan in the special economic zone at the port of the Astrakhan region;
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Education of Turkmenistan and the Federal Agency on Youth Affairs of the Russian Federation in the field of youth policy.
An agreement on cooperation between Magtymguly Turkmen State University and Lomonosov Moscow State University was also signed on Friday.
On January 19-20, a Turkmen-Russian business conference was held in Ashgabat with the participation of a representative group headed by Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin and heads of ministries and departments of Turkmenistan.