GSP-Turkmenistan searches for Outreach Consultant
Department:Turkmenistan – GSP
Location: Ashgabat City, Ashgabat
The Governance Support Program (GSP) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is implemented by the QED Group, LLC doing business as Q2 Impact (Q2). GSP is aimed at strengthening accountability, effectiveness, and transparency of governance in Turkmenistan. GSP activities focus on strengthening public administration and policy development and lawmaking processes.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Outreach Consultant will be responsible for efficient communication activities with program partners and relevant stakeholders to ensure successful promotion of the GSP’s work with a focus on promoting USAID and Q2 values and contribute to better understanding and participation of national and local government organizations, citizens, and private sector in project activities. Specifically, the Outreach Consultant will:
- Support project program staff in organizing and delivering GSP activities including drafting descriptions of activities, providing edits for related announcements, and other information for internal and public use.
- Lead the program activities related to design, photography, visibility events, meetings, printouts, and other materials.
- Provide support to team to boost project visibility and awareness including identification and drafting press releases, weekly updates to USAID, success stories, and other forms of communicating program results to reach wider audience, including through the social media.
- Assist with USAID Branding and Marking Policy implementation for all reports and printed materials, prepare the draft quarterly and other related reports.
- Provide support to the program team in achieving the goals, objectives, and indicators of the program in compliance with the USAID regulations and procedures.
- Perform other duties related to communications, reporting, editing, and outreach as assigned.
Terms of the assignment
The initial assignment term will be three (3) months and can be extended based on the performance. The period of implementation is September 2023 - February 2024.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or greater in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Public Administration, Management or any other related fields
- A minimum of three years of progressive responsibilities in communications, public relations.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, research, and analytical skills.
- Experience in development of promotional and informational materials, including for social media.
- Experience in implementation of development programs with international, civil society, or public institutions. Experience working with USAID or other US funded development programs preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in interacting with various stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, writing, and presentation skills.
- Open to change and be flexible in a fast-changing environment, open to produce results under the short deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate well with personnel within and outside of the program, meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent knowledge of English, Turkmen and Russian.
- Excellent communication skills, including tact and verbal communications.
- Knowledge of collaboration and communication platforms and communications and media related software.
Additional requirements: Turkmenistan citizen
To get additional information and apply for the position, please follow the link.