American Councils is seeking Activity Coordinator for Turkmenabat American Corner
Job title: Turkmenabat American Corner Activity Coordinator Position
Issue Date: August 28, 2023
Deadline for Application: September 4, 2023 by 17:30 pm.
The Turkmenabat American Corner (TAC) Activity Coordinator is responsible for coordinating alumni and volunteer activities in the region. This position reports directly to the Manager of the Turkmenabat American Corner and FLEX Alumni Coordinator, but requires frequent coordination with the American Corners Grant Manager. The job is great for someone who has project organization experience and enjoys a fast-faced, challenging work environment.
- Write monthly reports on alumni activities to be submitted to the Alumni Coordinator in Ashgabat at the end of each month;
- Write weekly highlights on all activities to be submitted to the American Corner Manager at the end of each week;
- Provide coordination and encouragement to alumni and volunteers as they plan and execute activities;
- Work with alumni and volunteers to develop proposals and budgets for alumni and other projects. Submit these proposals to the TAC Manager and the FLEX Alumni Coordinator in Ashgabat;
- Organize monthly alumni and volunteer meetings;
- Assist the TAC Manager and EdUSA Adviser in developing the monthly events calendar, based on visitor, volunteer, and alumni interests;
- Design and release the monthly calendars in three languages (English, Turkmen and Russian);
- Recruit Turkmenabat velayat alumni for Pre-Departure Orientation (PDO) and Re-entry seminars;
- Maintain regular contact by telephone with alumni in your region and inform them about scheduled events in Turkmenabat, Ashgabat, and elsewhere in Turkmenistan;
- Report on alumni news for posting on the American Councils web site and other publications;
- Actively gather information about alumni/volunteer successes for the monthly report;
- Engage the public in emerging technologies, including 3D printing and robotics(basics);
- Maintain the TAC library (register patrons);
- Assist the TAC Manager and EdUSA Adviser with other duties, as necessary;
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by your supervisor, the Country Director, and American Corners Grant Manager.
- Candidates should be mature individuals with a professional attitude, possess strong verbal and written communications skills in Turkmen, English, and Russian, as well as be highly organized and personable;
- Good knowledge of U.S. culture and U.S. higher education system (experience participating in it preferred);
- Strong writing, communication, cross-cultural, and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with online and digital technologies preferred;
- Experience in activity/project organization;
- Previous experience in Alumni activities preferred;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to organize, encourage, inspire, and motivate peers;
- Creativity, initiative, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage time, abide by rules, demonstrate accountability, and understand the need for quality in work;
- Computer skills, including strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power Point;
- Ability to work with a team;
- Turkmen citizenship.
To get additional information and apply for the position, please follow the link.