American Councils in Turkmenistan searches for C5 + one English Language Teacher
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: C5 + ONE ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHER
Open at: Ashgabat, Mary, Balkanabat, Turkmenbashi
Issue date: November 13, 2023
Deadline for application: November 27, 2023 by 20:00 pm
Employment status: Contract based, one month, renewable up to nine months
Starting date: January 2024
The C5 + ONE (Opening Networks through English) English Language Teacher will be involved in a new project that supports English language instruction for young professionals working in the fields of energy and environment throughout Central Asia. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing American English language instruction to program participants and will report to a Lead Adviser, based in Ashgabat, who will provide training and mentoring during the program. Successful candidates will be offered a one-month contract, with the opportunity to extend their employment based on performance.
- Develop (adapt) and deliver engaging and effective English language lessons to a diverse group of adult learners, focusing on both general English and English for Specific Purposes;
- Deliver lessons that are student-centered, interactive and challenging;
- Utilize a variety of communicative activities, such as group work, discussions, presentations, and role play, to promote active and meaningful learning;
- Create and maintain a positive and inclusive classroom environment that encourages learning and student engagement;
- Design and implement formative assessment to inform future lessons and curriculum;
- Provide regular feedback and support to students, identify areas for improvement, and help learners achieve their language goals;
- Keep up-to-date with new teaching methodologies and technologies and implement these in the classroom as appropriate;
- Use data tools to document attendance and student progress as part of the program’s monitoring and evaluation responsibilities; adhere to deadlines set by Lead Adviser for reporting purposes;
- Supply program staff with required data, narrative accounts, and content for publicity according to set deadlines;
- Equip students with materials provided by the program (textbooks) and arrange the return of materials when students withdraw from classes;
- Participate in the training events prior to the start of classes;
- Participate in supplemental programming (webinars, networking events, in-person conversation clubs, and participatory site visits) that will be offered to participants outside of regularly scheduled classes.
- Attend monthly meetings and maintain regular contact with the Lead Adviser and Program Officer regarding monitoring and evaluation and other program-related activities.
- A bachelor’s degree and qualification as an English Language Teacher;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience teaching adults English as a Second Language, preferably in a program focused on energy and the environment;
- Familiarity with current educational technology and methodologies (e.g., student-centered learning, teaching mixed-ability class);
- Computer skills, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite;
- Active participation in relevant professional development events, and ability to attend meetings, trainings and workshops;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
- Creativity, initiative, and problem-solving skills;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to organize, encourage, inspire, and motivate participants;
- Ability to manage time, abide by rules, demonstrate accountability, and understand the need for quality in work.
A complete application must include:
- Cover Letter highlighting motivation for the position.
Please email applications to email@example.com indicating “C5 + ONE English Language Teacher” in the Subject line of your email. The application should be received not later than November 27th, 2023 by 20:00.
For information, visit website at www.americancouncilstm.org