Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs of Turkmenistan (UIET) hosted a conference dedicated to the 12th anniversary of the Union, with the participation of over 600 members on Tuesday.
Elections of the UIET board members also took place during the conference. The head of the UIET Alexander Dadayev was re-elected as Chairman of the Union and thus will lead the Association of Turkmen Private Sector by 2024.
The results of the contest “Best Entrepreneur of the Year” were also summed up during the conference. The winners were announced in the following areas:
- Producer of Environmentally Friendly Products of the Year - Şawat Open Joint-Stock Company;
- Women Entrepreneur of the Year - entrepreneur Dadayeva Maya;
- Exporter of the Year - Derýaplastik Economic Society;
- Producer of New Products of the Year - Hasar Economic Society;
- Producer of Agricultural Products of the Year - Guş Toplumy Individual Enterprise;
- Industrialist of the Year - Himiýa Senagat Economic Society;
- Builder of the Year - Türkmen Awtoban Closed Joint-Stock Company;
- Trade and Service Sector Leader of the Year - Anyk Economic Society.
The Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs of Turkmenistan (TUIE) is a public organization, which aims to support small and medium-sized businesses in Turkmenistan, to promote the development of the private sector of the national economy and the formation of a modern enterprise infrastructure.
The members of the board of the UIET are elected once every four years.