According to Article 18 of the Law of Turkmenistan on Trade, trade can be carried out in the following ways:
- trade through individual communication with the buyer - trade, in the implementation of which the interaction between the seller of the commercial facility and the buyer is a personal direct communication.
- self-service trade - trade in which the buyer has direct access to the goods for the purpose of selecting the needed goods, followed by payment through the cash desk.
- auction trade - the sale of goods carried out by public auctions, which is regulated by the civil legislation of Turkmenistan.
- Fairs - periodically organized in the specified place bids (markets of samples of goods) with the purpose to sign contracts on goods purchase and sale.
- Distance trade - trade, in which the contract of sale is concluded on the basis of familiarization of the buyer with the description of the goods through catalogs, brochures, booklets, photos, postal and electronic communications, and with the condition of delivering the goods to the buyer
- Itinerant trade - retail trade, carried out in designated places or in a certain territory outside the permanent location of the commercial facility.
- Sample sales - sale of goods under a contract of retail sale of goods, concluded on the basis of the buyer's familiarization with the sample of goods offered by the subject of trading activities, exhibited at the place of sale of goods. When selling goods by samples, the buyer is given the opportunity to get acquainted with the demonstrated samples, choose and buy the necessary goods, as well as their delivery to the specified location, unless otherwise provided by the contract.
- Trade with the use of vending machines - trade in which the sale of goods is carried out through the use of automatic means that allow to get the goods and make their payment in the location of such automatic means without the participation of the subject of trading activities.
- Network marketing - a form of non-store retail trade, a special type of direct (personal) sales, based on creation of a network of independent distributors (sales agents) of manufacturer's products, which independently for a fee establish direct contacts with potential buyers in order to sell goods on behalf of the manufacturer, as well as have the right to attract partners with similar rights.
- Trade using discounts.
Distributors (sales agents) can be individual entrepreneurs and legal entities that are in a civil legal relationship with the manufacturer of products and sell goods on his behalf.
Source: Law of Turkmenistan on Trade