In accordance with the Law of Turkmenistan on Trade Activities, products of proper quality that meet the requirements established by the legislation of Turkmenistan are subject to circulation in the domestic market of the country.
The circulation of products on the domestic market is carried out in the presence of accompanying documents confirming their origin - receipt documents and a certificate of conformity.
Products circulating on the domestic market must have a label that meets the requirements for labeling consumer packaging of food and non-food products.
Product labeling must contain the following information:
- name of the country of origin of the product;
- manufacturer's legal address and trademark;
- name of the product;
- composition of the product;
- nutritional value, information on the absence of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) – for food product;
- date of manufacture;
- shelf life, service life;
- storage conditions;
- marking of a regulatory document, in accordance with which a product can be identified – for domestic products;
- other information in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan.
The above information should be contained on labels, tags, inserts in the state language of Turkmenistan and Russian and (or) English, and at the discretion of the manufacturer – also in other languages.
Alcoholic products and tobacco products circulating on the domestic market are subject to mandatory labeling with excise stamps.
Storage and transportation of products must be carried out under conditions that ensure the preservation of their quality and compliance with safety requirements for consumption, including storage in specially equipped rooms, transportation in vehicles specially designed for these purposes. In established cases, compliance with such requirements is confirmed by entries in the relevant documents.
It is prohibited to sell:
- products withdrawn from circulation;
- products with limited circulation without special permission;
- products manufactured in violation of copyright and (or) related rights or with illegal use of someone else's trademark;
- excisable products subject to labeling in accordance with the established procedure, without the presence of excise stamps on them;
- products that do not meet the labeling requirements listed above and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan;
- products without accompanying documents;
- products of inadequate quality that do not meet safety requirements and do not meet the requirements of regulatory documents;
- other products prohibited for sale by the legislation of Turkmenistan.