In accordance with Article 29 of the Law of Turkmenistan on Architectural Activities, individuals and legal entities engaged in architectural activities are obliged to:
- comply with state standards, building codes and regulations, the requirements of initial data for design, as well as local rules for the development of settlements;
- observe the rights and legitimate interests of the owners and users of buildings and structures adjacent to the development site when designing, organizing and performing construction work to create architectural objects;
- not to disclose information constituting a commercial secret of an architectural project, as well as information about the intentions of the customer (developer) to implement the architectural project without his consent;
- not to assume the obligations of the responsible representative of the customer (developer) when concluding a contract for construction, in architectural supervision of the construction of an architectural object and acceptance of the specified object for operation if there is a personal interest in the profits of the contractor, and also not entitled to participate in the competition for an architectural project being a member of the jury of this competition;
- comply with the requirements of the customer (developer) set forth in the design assignment that do not contradict the requirements of this article.
Source: Law of Turkmenistan on Architectural Activities