President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov and President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev signed a Declaration on Deepening Strategic Partnership at the conclusion of the high-level talks in Ashgabat on Friday.
During the extended format talks, the sides paid special attention to the development of cooperation projects. An agreement was reached to intensify work on for the formation and implementation of new projects in such priority sectors as industry, energy, chemicals and agriculture, according to the Press Service of the President of Uzbekistan.
The Heads of States also agreed to actively develop corridors along East-West and North-South routes, including using the facilities of Turkmenbashi port.
Following the talks, a number of documents have also been signed at the level of governments, ministries and agencies of the two countries to enhance multifaceted Turkmen- Uzbek cooperation, including:
- Practical Action Plan for 2022-2024 to intensify political dialogue, inter-parliamentary, trade and economic cooperation, cultural and humanitarian exchange between Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan;
- Agreement on further development of bilateral foreign economic relations;
- Agreement on regulation of trading houses on the territories of Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan;
- Agreement on scientific and technical cooperation;
- Plan of practical measures for further expansion of cooperation in agriculture field;
- Agreement on registration of medicines and medical products.
The sides also adopted agreements on cooperation in the field of electricity, customs, veterinary and livestock, cinematography and other areas.
President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev started his official visit to Turkmenistan in the evening of October 20.
Photos: Press Service of the President of Uzbekistan