What is certification?
In accordance with the Law of Turkmenistan On Certification, certification is a procedure, the result of which is documentary evidence of the conformity of the certification object to the requirements established by the regulatory documents on certification.
What products are subject to certification?
Products manufactured in Turkmenistan or products imported into Turkmenistan, with the exception of used products imported into Turkmenistan, are subject to certification in the manner prescribed by the legislation of Turkmenistan.
Products exported outside the customs territory of Turkmenistan in connection with its export, and products intended for personal, family and non-entrepreneurial needs of individuals imported into Turkmenistan are exempt from certification, except for cases provided for by the legislation of Turkmenistan.
Certain types of products intended for personal, family and non-entrepreneurial needs of individuals imported into Turkmenistan may be subject to certification. Lists of such products are approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan.
Imported products that are not subject to certification in Turkmenistan:
- sample products intended for testing (research), as well as its parts and spare parts;
- products for exhibitions (except for products intended for sale);
- products for official delegations, diplomatic and other equivalent representations of foreign states and international organizations in Turkmenistan;
- products placed under customs regimes: customs transit, temporary import, customs warehouse, duty-free trade, free customs zone (free warehouse), re-import, destruction;
- products delivered via post offices;
- technical and accounting documents, projects, layouts, licenses and contracts;
- periodically published products, as well as products intended for advertising, printing and publishing.
Products of folk art made by citizens of Turkmenistan by hand, art products and souvenir products are not subject to certification.
Products exempted from certification can be certified at the request of interested parties based on their requests.
Acts of the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan may provide for the specifics of certification of certain types of products.