President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov on Wednesday held a working meeting with the country’s Minister of Justice Begmyrat Muhamedov dedicated to the further development of national legislation.
The Justice Minister briefed on the ongoing preparation of proposals to modernize the country's legislative base, with special focus on the development of new draft legal acts based on systematic monitoring of the current legislation, the Turkmen official media reports.
Following the briefing, the Head of State emphasized the need to develop legislative mechanisms aimed at protecting the country's interests and instructed to take following measures:
- develop legislative measures aimed at protecting the interests of Turkmenistan in the global process of introduction of new technologies in energy sector;
- continue modernization of legislation in the field of health care and in the field of countering global pandemic;
- prepare necessary legal measures in areas of trade and transport policy in order to protect national interests associated with the implementation of state programs for the creation of transport corridors;
- develop a legal framework for the guaranteed supplies of Turkmen energy resources;
- develop legal frameworks for active cooperation with regional economic and financial organizations with the aim of developing the national economy;
- study issue of Turkmenistan's accession to the conventions of the International Labor Organization and the Framework Agreement on Trade Cooperation of the Economic Cooperation Organization;
- continue preparation of regulatory legal acts to ensure the active introduction of digital systems in sectors of the national economy;
- implement measures to create the International Commercial Arbitration Center at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Turkmenistan for the formation of non-governmental international commercial arbitration courts in order to attract internal and external investors, based on world practice;
- implement measures to establish a center for advanced training of lawyers to provide high-quality legal assistance to citizens, effective and reliable protection of the rights and legitimate interests of individuals and legal entities;
- improve access to applications of the One Window technology, used in the practice of developed countries and neighboring countries.
Turkmen President said the ongoing legal measures should be aimed at strengthening and modernizing the legislative sphere, building up fruitful cooperation with international organizations and states and noted that one of the main tasks for the coming years should be to achieve full legal regulation on an integrated and systematic basis.