In accordance with the Law of Turkmenistan on Certification, manufacturers, performers, sellers and suppliers of products have the right to:
- apply the state mark of conformity in relation to products that have passed certification;
- apply in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan to the authorized body with complaints about illegal actions of other state bodies, testing laboratories (centers), expert auditors;
- go to court for the protection of their rights and legitimate interests.
Manufacturers, performers, sellers and suppliers of products are obliged to:
- release products into circulation only after passing the certification procedures;
- sell products only with a certificate of conformity confirming their quality and safety;
- indicate in the accompanying documentation information about certification and regulatory documents on certification that the products must comply with, and ensure that this information is communicated to the consumer;
- to present to the bodies exercising state supervision, as well as to consumers, documentary confirmation of the conformity of products to the requirements of regulatory documents on certification;
- ensure that the quality of manufactured and (or) sold products meets the requirements of regulatory documents for certification and, in the prescribed manner, mark it with the state conformity mark;
- suspend or terminate the manufacture and (or) sale of certified products if it does not meet the requirements of regulatory documents on certification, as well as upon expiration of the certificate of conformity or if the validity of the certificate of conformity is suspended or canceled by a decision of the body exercising state control and supervision in areas of certification;
- provide conditions for the unimpeded performance of their functions by officials carrying out product certification and state supervision of certification objects;
- notify the authorized body in the prescribed manner about the changes made to the technical documentation or to the technological process of manufacturing certified products.
State regulation and control in the field of certification is carried out by the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan, an authorized body, and other state bodies within their competence.