According to Article 95 of the Law of Turkmenistan on the Approval and Enactment of the Tax Code of Turkmenistan, valued added tax (VAT) payers are:
- Legal entities and individuals – individual entrepreneurs when they perform taxable transactions specified in Article 96 of this Code.
VAT payers are not:
- Central Bank of Turkmenistan;
- parties who are contractors and subcontractors in accordance with the Law of Turkmenistan on Hydrocarbon Resources. When such parties perform taxable transactions that are not related to oil work, they are subject to part 1 of this article;
- legal entities of a private form of ownership;
- individual entrepreneurs for activities covered by the simplified taxation system.
Source: Law of Turkmenistan on Approval and Enactment of the Tax Code of Turkmenistan