Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Turkmenistan (CCI), a legal entity, is a non-profit public organization that unites on a voluntary basis enterprises, organizations regardless of their form of ownership and entrepreneurs operating without forming a legal entity, designed to support and protect their interests.
To fulfill its statutory tasks, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry may engage in entrepreneurial activities. Profits from entrepreneurial activities cannot be distributed among the members of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The main tasks of the CCI:
- provide assistance, represent and defend the interests of members of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry on issues related to the implementation of economic activities, including outside of Turkmenistan;
- to promote the development of entrepreneurial activity, taking into account the economic interests of individual industries, regions and enterprises;
- provide assistance to members of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry and its partners in ensuring their participation in exhibitions, fairs, business forums and conferences;
- organize close cooperation between members of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, their interaction with the state and its bodies;
- to promote the development of exports of goods and services;
- take measures within its competence to prevent and suppress unfair competition and partnerships not based on business relationships;
- ensure the provision of services to foreign companies in Turkmenistan necessary for the implementation of their commercial activities;
- on behalf of legal entities and individuals of Turkmenistan and foreign companies, facilitate the preparation of relevant documents for their registration in Turkmenistan;
- carry out examinations related to control over the quality, quantity and completeness of goods, as well as the determination of the value of products and property;
- organize international and national exhibitions, fairs, conferences and business forums, provides preparation and holding of exhibitions of goods of Turkmenistan abroad;
- establish and develop relations with the chambers of commerce of foreign countries, conclude agreements on cooperation with them, organize economic and trade delegations;
- perform other functions consistent with the goals and objectives of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the provisions of international treaties of Turkmenistan.
Members of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry are legal entities, regardless of their forms of ownership and their organizational and legal form, entrepreneurs operating without forming a legal entity, who carry out economic activities or participate in the implementation of economic, scientific, technical and trade relations of Turkmenistan with other states.
Associations and unions uniting entrepreneurs on a sectoral or regional basis can also be members of the CCI.
The CCI registers entities who become its members from the day they are entered into the register. The size of the admission and annual fees for members of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry is established by the Board of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in accordance with its Charter.
In case of leaving the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the paid contributions will not be refunded and claims for part of its property will not be accepted.